Careers with Graber Manufacturing - Mechanical Designer
The Mechanical Designer primarily improves manufacturing design and documentation to increase productivity and quality. Graber Manufacturing is an original equipment manufacturer of makes steel fabricated commercial furnishings. The Mechanical Designer helps to ensure that products are reliable and meet customer expectations and are profitable for the company.
The position requires good time management and a great deal of initiative, flexibility, reliability, patience, and attention to detail as they manage many different tasks.
Prepares layouts showing the details for a wide variety of products, indicating dimensions, fastening methods, and other requirements needed for assembly
Prepares engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications
Provides details on component descriptions
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Manufacturing processes include: sawing, punching, bending, welding, powder coating, and wood machining
Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests
Maintains product and process documentation
Completes design and development projects by training associates
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- This individual may be asked to assist with any issues that arise in the facility. Key focus will be on process improvements
- Engineering degree or equivalent mechanical design work experience
- Working knowledge of several of the aforementioned manufacturing processes
- Desire to problem solve with and train manufacturing associates in the manufacturing departments
- Experience making impactful improvements in a metal fabrication company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with the current Solidworks engineering software in modeling of mechanical designs
Minimal if any.
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out an application and submit a resume below, or stop into our office Monday-Thursday between 9am-5pm.