Careers with Graber Manufacturing - Powder Coat Painter
Powder Coat Painter
Our company is seeking Powder Coat Painter to handle a variety of tasks related to the powder coating of our various products. The Powder Coat Painter will be an integral part of the day-to-day operation of the facility.
The position requires a great deal of initiative, flexibility, reliability, patience, and attention to detail as they manage their day-to-day tasks.
- Maintain spray guns and equipment
- Clean booth between color changes to prevent cross-contamination
- Spray wash parts prior to applying powder
- Visually inspect all product entering paint system to ensure the product is properly prepped
- Spray powder paint to industry's standards and customer specifications
- Apply consistent mil thicknesses on varying product
- Maintain daily schedule to provide smooth flow into packaging dept
- Monitor bake oven operation and times
- Inspect for the quality finish after cure
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Must have six months or more of Powder Coat paint experience in a manufacturing environment (will consider skilled applicants who have wet-paint experience)
- Basic math & reading aptitude
- Able to read and use a tape measure/ruler
- Consistent work history and attendance
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to walk and stand the majority of the shift
- Able to use hands to feel and grasp parts, fully reach with hands and arms; stoop, twist, kneel, and crouch or crawl
- Able to wear a full-face respirator
- Specific vision capabilities to include close-up, distance, color recognition, peripheral vision, and able to adjust focus and have depth perception
The majority of work will be performed in a manufacturing facility with noise levels typical to that environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must adhere to the company uniform policy including the wearing of steel-toed/safety-toe shoes and safety glasses.
Minimal if any.
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out an application and submit a resume below, or stop into our office Monday-Thursday between 9am-5pm.